Events of SRC Patna
(A Joint Initiative of State Resource Centre, ADRI, Patna and Prabhat Khabar)
18th Annual Akshar Bihar programme was organized at Taramandal Auditorium, Patna on April 12, 2013 by State Resource Centre, ADRI, Patna and Prabhat Khabar (Bihar Chapter), a joint forum for the literacy initiative in Bihar.
Deputy Chief Minister Shri Sushil Kumar Modi presided over the programme, while Smt. Nisha Jha, chairperson of the State Commission for Protection of Child Rights, was the chief guest on the occasion.
Addressing 100-odd literacy campaigners and public representatives present amongst the audience, the Deputy Chief Minister said time has come to re-focus on the backward linkages of education in the state and lauded State Resource Centre's (SRC) sustained efforts in the field of literacy and thus putting an example for others to follow.
Smt. Nisha Jha on the occasion praised the literacy campaigners there for their hard work and determination. Seventy-eight campaigners received awards under different categories on the occasion for their participation in various literacy campaigns.
The only woman Panchayati Raj representative was honoured by Hon'ble Deputy Chief Minister Shree Sushil Kumar Modi with AKSHAR RATNA for exemplary contribution to Saakshar Bharat Programme.
- Smt. Krishna Kumari Yadav, Chairperson, Zila Parishad-cum-Zila Lok Shiksha Samiti, Khagaria.
The following representatives of Panchayati Raj were honoured with AKSHAR SHREE by Hon'ble Deputy Chief Minister Shree Sushil Kumar Modi for their exemplary contribution to Saakshar Bharat Programme.
- Shri Shivrajit Singh, Up- Pramukh-cum-Vice-Chairman, Prakhand Lok Siksha Samiti, Piro, District- Bhojpur.
- Shri Manoj Kumar, Pramukh-cum-Chairman, Prakhand Lok Shiksha Samiti, Sahebpur Kamal, District- Begusarai.
- Shri Bundi Thakur, Pramukh-cum-Chairman, Prakhand Lok Shiksha Samiti, Makhdumpur, District- Jehanabad.
- Shri Shankar Prasad, Mukhiya-cum-Chairman, Panchayat Lok Shiksha Samiti, Kanhaul, District- Gaya.
- Shri Lalit Narayan Sinha, Mukhiya-cum-Chairman, Panchayat Lok Shiksha Samiti, Nehalpur, District- Jehanabad.
- Smt. Sanjida Parveen, Mukhiya-cum-Chairperson, Panchayat Lok Shiksha Samiti, Garhani, District- Bhojpur.
- Shri Ranbir Shah, Mukhiya-cum-Chairman, Panchayat Lok Shiksha Samiti, Sahebpur Kamal (East), District- Begusarai.
- Smt. Rina Kumari, Mukhiya-cum-Chairperson, Panchayat Lok Shiksha Samiti, Rahimpur (Middle), District- Khagaria.
On the occasion of 18th annual function of AKSHAR BIHAR, sixty-nine best volunteers of Saakshar Bharat Programme were honoured by Hon'ble Deputy Chief Minister Shree Sushil Kumar Modi. Out of sixty-nine Volunteers, 40 were female volunteers and 29 were male volunteers.
Administrator of ADRI Dr Sunita Lall announced instituting a new award on the occasion that will be given from the next year to an individual for contributing his/her best to the cause of literacy in Bihar. The award has been instituted in memory of Shri PN Singh who spearheaded the campaign in Jharkhand till he passed away this January.
Guests on the dais included Mr Swayam Prakash, editor of Hindi Daily Prabhat Khabar, Mr Sudeep K Pandey, director of SRC (Bihar), and Professor Prabhat P Ghosh who proposed the vote of thanks on the occasion.